Whore = working girl = A young woman who is employed (so says my WordWeb)
Hmmm….nothing offensive, right? Dun la think of any other whores. I am blogging about working hard to get traffic only.
Since I got my domain a month ago, I adopted what most new shops will do. Promote, advertise, offer freebies, ensure quality products and service plus good PR.
Promote : I promote my blogs at forums, blog directories etc.
Advertise : I advertise my blogs (note the plural form) by dropping my URL at other people’s comment board.
Offer freebies : Errr…this one, no la. But consider offering nice food pics at my Penang Faces as one of the way.
Ensure quality products and services : So far, so good. Being a new blogger, I still have plenty of fresh, brain juices oozing. (borrow your tagline, NeeShen?)
Good PR : It is my nature, I am such a warm, bubbly person, no one can resist me. LOL!
The evil secrets to getting traffic?
1) Drop catchy or mysterious comments at other bloggers’ comment board. The kind where others read and want to know the commentor’s blog.
2) Be the first few to jump in when a flame is imminent. Never mind that you do not really care about the issue or the blogger. Just go char-grill for the sake of drawing attention.
3) Be nice to all, high and low, new and old, popular and unpopular. You will never know who is going to be your partner-in-crime or brother-in-arms. The internet and blogging is so volatile. Remember my chameleon tale.
The prim and proper 5xmom’s secret?
OK lah, I use all the above evil secrets but deep down, I am not evil at all. I have good traffic simply because:
1) I wrote from my heart
2) I speak the truth
3) I have no airs
4) I am witty and amusing
5) I am a great writer
6) I have a purpose in blogging (ok, many purposes like religion, legacy for my kids, rantings and to stuff the cili padi when I dare not do it in person)
7) I am a kiasu, must win, be ahead
8) I believe in myself (after God la)
9) I have a good mentor
10)I believe my blog has a moral behind each story.
Reason #1,001 : Simply being 5xmom.
Reason #1,000,001….. okokok, I write more next time.
Well, my onestat says it all:
(Reading : Horizontal number is the date, vertical is the daily hits)
For the month of March 2005, up to today:
Total pageviews: 25,462
Total visits : 12,147
*Addition (moo_t, tks for the info. here it is, terror or not?)
Monthly Unique Visitors: 5,071
Daily Unique Visitors : 8,978
First time visitors : 4,841
Kehkehkeh, to big boys bloggers like Jeff Ooi, Dr. Liew, TV Smith, Mike, Hustler, they are probably foaming at their mouths at this new blogger, chicken little perspective. But who cares, just sapu every reason to quote big bloggers’ name mah. (evil secret #101)
And to the small farts like me who can’t make it bigger than my traffic yet, take 5xmom advices. It works! It works! No shit! It is free too. And donch lar sour-grape that you blog for yourself, you do not care for comments or traffic. You do care, admit it! (Ah Wingz ah, I am not tokking about you hor?) ‘Cos it is damn thrilling when you see the numbers escalating from 100 > 200 > over 500.
My next series on Blogging Art will be ‘Reading between the lines’.
New domain to watch out for : http://buangmasa.net – This is not a new blogger but a new domain. See how the blogger can make the most mundane issue interesting by KISS.