Fact : Penang people are all ‘kiam siap, kiasu, ai panjee, ai tua teh’ If there is any freebies or offers, they are going to fight and forego face water (pride) to get a piece. If you don’t understand, it means Penangites are known to be stingy, wanting to win all the time and expect things to come cheap but big and good.
Being a working day and all, I took my kids to Baskin Robbins after school. The first outlet in Pulau Tikus has several customers so I decided to drive to Fettes Park. When I went in with my 3 kids, the shop is totally empty. Read : No customer waiting to be served. One girl is re-arranging the icecream.
So, I rattled off – Pint – one green tea, one world class chocolate bla bla. In total 4 pints.
One Indian lady came after me and asked if she needs to take a number. The girl said no need. Fair. Then, she started to serve the Indian lady. She wanted to taste this, her son wanted that etc etc.
Out of nowhere a big bunch of people came in also. And I am getting annoyed.
Now, what got me pissed is the girl asked me to take a number. I got damn tiuss already. I said, “Look, I came in first. And I specifically heard you said no need to take a number to her (pointing to Indian lady).”
Indian lady cut in, “I came first.” Oh shit! Fine, no problem, so be it. I am not going to argue like a bunch of housewives haggling over the last piece of meat at the butcher.
I replied, “Ok, then I am second. Now, you can’t expect me to take a number and be 6th or 7th, can you?” Laser eyes beaming. Voice colder than their freezer.
A much senior staff knew that I am irked and came to attend to me immediately. Good.
I reached home and found that one of my icecream is not even full. Probably because the senior staff asked a newer staff to scoop it and she had forgotten to weigh as a big bunch of customers were crowding around, calling for attention.
So, Andreas of WOW, tell me how to get my complaints through like you have always done. Baskin Robbin Malaysia got website but under-construction only.
Baskin Robbins management :
1) Remember that customers like me who buy your icecream regularly, do not like to be treated like I can only afford them on every 31st of the month. (they are giving 31% discount today). I don’t deserve the annoying looks and sub-standard service from you ill-trained staffs.
2) Tell your staff to know where they placed the icecream. Goodness sake, they have to read through every label to find what to scoop.
3) Knowing our mentality, don’t allow free tasting on 31st. Puhleez, a big bunch of people are tasting like they are the only customer. They only intend to buy one scoop but tasted 4 flavours.
4) Customers are holding back your business because they can’t see the icecream on display as the glass windows has evaporation due to opening and closing of the display. Therefore, they stand there explaining things uncomprehensible like, “I want that icecream got a lot a lot of chocolate chips wan ah….Where ha? Where ha?” And your staff replied with even more uncomprehensible things. Therefore, more time wasted.
5) Does your business really increase with this 31st only promotion? I think not. Because on 1st to 30th, your outlets are mostly empty. Scrap the promotion, please.
6) Do I sound like a housewife on PMS? Maybe. But then, the customer is always right. Especially if they are housewives. LOL!
7) Tell your staff to be courteous to all. They never know who has the power of blog. Hahaha.
I swear I am not ever going to Baskin Robbins on 31st. 4 pints of icecream cost me RM61. I am not even sure how much I saved to justify my kek-khi-ness (anger). Everyone who do not want to appear like refugees waiting for food rations, please don’t fall into the same stupid thing I did. And yeah, icecream is very fattening. Don’t buy 4 pints unless you have 4 sons.