I am a good observer and have a knack for putting things into words. So, here goes my observations on the no-no of blogging:
1) No to black background because it is overused.
2) No to lengthy post. Most new bloggers tend to do this. And heck, I am still repeating the same mistake! People normally have short attention span.
3) No to digress too much. Stick to one topic. Keep the other things for the next blog.
4) No to leaving the blog not updated for several days or even weeks.
Leave a BRB date so that people will return later. This is basic courteousy.
5) No to attention seeking title every day. People will soon learn your trick and never bother to check it out anymore.
6) No to sticking to only one topic, e.g. business or IT. Try infusing some personal thoughts and experience. It makes the blogger human. Otherwise, the blog will be too dry.
7) No to under-estimating your blog. No matter what you blog, someone is bound to stumble upon it. So, write with enthusiasm.
8) No to extreme characteristics. E.g. bitchy but be kind on some days. Too humble but be proud of yourself sometimes. Otherwise, the same extreme behaviour is a pain in the ass.
9) No to boring titles. Make it catchy without telling all you want to tell about what you are blogging. Not easy, I know.
10) No to the statement – I am blogging for myself. Dey, if you are blogging for yourself, for goodness sake, don’t ping it on PPS or anywhere. Keep the URL to yourself! Don’t ler ping and then, say you are writing for yourself.
These are 10 points I thought of. But one wise blogger just wrote a lor-so-fickle (philosophical) blog –DON’T COMPARE CAN AR?
Please add on to the list. I am eager to learn.