If you drink a huge volume of liquid, whether it is water, orange juice, alcohol or anything, you will puke. Therefore, I can’t drink 750 ml of liquid at one go. Yet, when I drink half of that quantity, I don’t feel a thing.
Yesterday night was an excuse to celebrate because it is Father’s Day. Any day is a good day anyway when kids are away/sleeping. So, we popped open a bottle of red wine. And I drank and I drank and I drank. And nothing happens.
All I learnt is:
1) Red wine tastes horrible with durian kueh. Kehkehkeh
2) Cheese tricks the taste bud to make red wine tastes sweeter.
3) Red wine makes my atm (that is husband, not ‘at the moment’ or ‘automated teller machine’) red like a lobster, with just half a glass.
4) Red wine plus durian cannot make me die. As opposed to grandma stories that eating durian and drinking alcohol at the same time can cause a person to die of ‘wind’.
5) Red wine tastes better when the price goes higher. (Hey, a person with money and a taste bud that works do not need to learn bouquet, vintage, vineyard, soil condition, weather blabla to know a wine taste good or not, ok?)
6) Red wine with 11.5% alcohol does nothing to me, eventhough I gulped down half bottle at one go.
7) Anytime, I prefer white wine that tastes like apple juice. LOL!
All I want to do last night was to get plain silly but I ended up dead sleepy. What does alcohol do to you? Ever been drunk?