If I have to write a composition or karangan with the above title (My Best Friend), I think I will fail miserably. I have NO best friend. I don’t know since when I started not having best friends.
I only realised this when I blurted out to …(a male, obviously),
Alamak, I am babbling with you like two aunties. hahaha. Anyway, I don’t keep female friends, they bored me to death.
Seriously, I do not know why the heck I wrote that. So, mister-whoever-you-are, please allow me to analyse why I said that.
I just looked back at my old blog and found a posting called ‘I got male bones’. (no comments there because I shifted to this new domain on February 14) I think that explains it.
Anyway, I don’t keep physical friends except those ‘hi and bye’ ones. I have no time you see. Best friends go to spa and salon, coffee and tea, shopping together. I wheregot time? And usually, those things that I really need to share, I would have shared with a male friend because:
– Males do not analyse a subject so much. They just listen
– Males give one liner retort, something that you want to hear but dare not utter it yourself
– Males do not make your confused mind more confusing by adding on their own experiences and what they do in movies.
– Males can keep secrets better
– Males are dumber (as opposed to cunning) and hence, you know they won’t hold something back and stab your back later
– Males take you for what you are without trying to read what you are trying to get to.
– I just prefer males because they don’t send forward mails.
I had survived a few tough situations and I must say that those few male friends are the one whom had provided me the much needed support. Somewhere out there, I know I have a couple whom I can always count on. But female friends? I have many but they are not at a level I would call My
Best Reliable Friend.
It is sad, really. Because by now, I am too old to find a new bestie. Eewwss…probably, if I do have one, we would both be too menopausal to have any sane relationship. It is a hazard really. Because, who knows, my bestie and I may end up wearing shocking pink, 3 sizes smaller clothes, multi-colour painted nails, orange hair and shop our EPF savings away. You know, gurrls can do that when they are in a gang. Even old, cranky ones.
Gosh, someone please tell me it is NORMAL for me NOT to have a best friend. Am I a freak or what?
P/S : To all my female friends, online and real ones, just ignore me. Sometimes, I write for the sake of writing.