Poohkey! This morning when I switched on my computer, my Norton warned about Backdoor.Graybird trojan horse.
Its a busy day today and had not been able to sit down to do much. I hope I had got rid of it.
Can’t figure out where the trojan horse came from.
1) Last night, I wasn’t able to log in to streamyx. I went to
webmail.tm.net.my to do so also cannot. So, I suppose it is streamyx problem.
2) Last night, I emailed something to someone using gmail. *Warning, someone, hope I did not infect you.*
3) Last night, (kehkehkeh, I Standard Two kid write like that lor) I received through MSN a .txt file. *To that someone, do check whether it is your cheebye document which infected me*
4) This morning, I got the graybird warning. And my WP Admin seems to have been log out. I.e. my admin panel had been touched.
5) I had cleared all including cache, history, passwords yadda yadda, cybers*x IRC log, yadda yadda. (just kidding about the last part, ok?)
Conclusion – No damage done because I have no farking interesting passwords in my computer. I don’t even own a bank accountlah, lanchiau. No PayPay, no Adsense. No p0rn also.
To solve the thing, I play the Russian Roulette. I regedit! Woohoo, I love exploring there. Did not find any gray_pigeon. Also check the Task Manager, no processes with svch0st.exe (a zero in h0st).
Anyway, my computer is a Dell with licensed XP which comes up updated Microsoft Spyware and I have paid subscription to Norton Anti-virus. But damn Norton damn slow. Whenever it scans my computer, the whole thing lags. And it takes hours to scan.
Who can tell me which is a better antivirus software? I have the free spydoctor and lavasoft too. They did not detect the backdoor.graybird, btw. I don’t mind paying a bit for a reliable antivirus software because I hate sending my computer to the shop. It is four years old and had never (touch wood!) been crashed.
5xmom – the trojan horses killer