Here’s a list of things to do in conjunction Mooncake festival:
1) Get married today. Gosh, the whole Penang island is swarmed with cars wearing ribbons today. (wedding cars decorated ah kua style)
2) Burn the lanterns of those annoying kids that you dislike.
3) Quarrel with your spouse because he forget to buy mooncake for your parents; or intentionally buy 4×4 salted duck egg yolks mooncake for your mother who is highly allergic to eggs.
4) Refuse to bring your girlfriend phaktoring under the moonlight. Instead, watch recordings of the EPL.
5) Take a stone and throw at the sky if it rains tonight.
Ok, ok, I am very angsty today. Meanwhile, I am going to mourn the impending death of Lantern festival because I am still traumatised by the event I attended few nights ago.
Imagine……..60 yrs old aunties, wearing skin tight sports wears and pointy bras parading lanterns with their line dancing group. Line dancing and lanterns don’t mix ok? Lanterns are for kids, for God’s sake! Not for tai chi uncles and line dancing ah pohs, ok? 60 yrs old aunties can wear sports wear but NOT POINTY BRA! *sobs* Someone please break my legs if I ever, ever fall into the trap. Of line dancing and pointy bras and skin tight sports wears. Please kill me also doesn’t matter. You will be doing good for mankind.
God bless you all! Go home and get together with your parents, spouse, family, friends and have a good, warm, loving gathering. And don’t let the image of line dancers and lanterns traumatise you.