Damn, I wanted to introduce this blog on faith. So, I sat down and started writing faith stuffs. Midway, I realised I am crapping more than inspiring. One cannot write stuffs about God without really into it.
So, excuse me, I gotta get some things off my chest first before I can talk properly.
Let me tell you what I dislike about SOME Christians:
1) They like to bury you with commonly seen Bible verses. Like, ‘Let those without sins cast the first stone’ kinda thing? Come on, let’s not borrow Jesus’s words too much unless you are some holy man/woman. Jesus is too pure a man for us to copycat, ok? If you want Bible verses, go find a quiet corner, read the Bible for a few hours and take the verses that hit you most. Don’t simply copy from the internet and act like blardy clever and holy likedat, can ah?
2) They like to act, and I said A.C.T. fully according to the more famous Bible teachings. E.g. Love your enemies, neighbour, mother-in-law yadda yadda kind of LOVE. Face it, it is not easy so don’t try to act to love me, hit me below the belt and tell the world, that you are capable of loving. Go die lah, admit it, it is NOT easy to love. But at the very least, don’t go smear the good name of Christ by going around ACTING. I would rather have a distant, cold, stone face stranger than a smiling buddha with a scorpion heart (ei, this is a Chinese proverb, not related to Buddhism, ok?)
3) They treated Christianity like Bonuslinks points. For e.g. going around trying to convert people. Each time they did it, they felt like they had gain an extra point in reaching Heaven. Forget about wanting to earn enough Bonuslinks points to qualify for Heaven la. Just live on earth like how God wants us. A good example speaks more volume than a bucket full of saliva.
4) They can’t differentiate righteous and self-righteous. Righteous is knowing that it is wrong to covet thy neighbour’s wife and stick to not doing it, no matter how tempted your kkc is. Self-righteous is telling people that they are going to hell for coveting their neighbour’s wife.
5) They have this weird sense of revelling in their miseries. E.g., a person who lost her sight and then, went around repeating and repeating that she is privilege to be given the chance to carry Jesus’s cross. We know that. God taught us not to live in sorrows. It is inevitable that some of us have to suffer more than others. But to actually think that just because you lost your sight, you have won more favour with God and others who use their eyesights to ogle and lust are definitely going to hell – is well, very wrong.
I shall stop at five and not go right up to ten.
INTRO ON HAVE FAITH BLOG
Have Faith is a little project which focuses on strengthening the faith and serving as a 1-stop christian center to all those who are hungry for God.
Have Faith is a group blog started by Centerpide. Many of the regular bloggers contribute to this group blog. Centerpide is a 22 years old guy, studying in Canada. He is from the same church as me – Cathedral of the Holy Spirit, Penang. What a small world!
What I like about Have Faith is the unconventional way of sharing God’s words. I know many people wants to know more about Christianity but are sometimes, puzzled, boggled, confused and turn off when they read too much stuffs they can’t comprehend. So, the young people including Celestine, Cynical, Yvy amongst others are sharing real life, day-to-day stuffs interpose with God’s words.
Visit them and may God’s light shine on you. God bless the Have Faith’s team and may they have the wisdom to share His words and impart the beauty, simplicity and oomph of Jesus’s fantastic guide.
RELIGIOUS NUTS ARE ON EARTH FOR A REASON
Remember that no one can influence you into any religion except what you want to be. Having a religion is like having an anchor in your life. It will keep you rooted, focused and provides you a peace that nothing in this world can provide. It is not difficult to actually ‘be religious’. Just open your mind and your heart and soon, you will find that life is not so crappy after all.
If you meet one or two cuckcoos who gave the religion, any religion, a bad name, remember that God puts these cuckcoos on earth so that we can discern what is cuckcoo and what is not. These baddies are here for a reason. Just like how God allows the Pharaoh to rule and not wiping the Pharaoh off earth’s surface. Or how some of the most scandalous people lived in the Old Testament. Or how some smart aleck tries so very hard to deny God’s existence with their scientific mumbo-jumbo and in the process, making one hell of a clown of themselves. Or how some people, though do not claim to be of any faith, possess these marvellous wisdom that rules over others.
Bah! Frankly, my dears, I do not care if I manage to get anyone to follow my religion. Because I have faith that God has planned their destiny, path, life journey, the whole nine yards and nothing I do or don’t do is going to change anything.
Having faith in the power of God is the most important of all.