I very shiok that it is once again Valentine’s Day. Before I started blogging, VD (it’s not venereal disease but Valentine’s Day ok?) is just VD.
But now, with blogging, I can kaypohchee and see all the reactions of the sour-grapes, the wall papers, the too-poor guy who wanna belagak kaya, the sui yee (some stupid reptile or is it amphibians with no brains) who kena conned by commercialism, the ‘pretend to send flower to ownself’ women etc in full glory.
1) I had one colleague who was in her late 30s (by now must be 50 yrs old) who really sent flower to her ownself! ‘Cos the florist was my pal and he told me so. Don’t ever do that. I bet you are going to feel ashamed of yourself until your death bed. I wonder if people like these would order and pay their own funeral wreaths in advance? If you have none, so what?
2) Girls. women, ladies, females – Don’t be stupid by spending lots of cash to buy something for some guy. I tell you, they are not going to parade amongst their male buddies and brag, “Oh, my girlfriend gave me this tie with hearts.” That will be so gay, don’t you think so? So, save your $$$.
3) Guys, don’t act gay and do something mushy like baking cookies for her or worse still, place message in the papers or yikes, sent sms messages via those lame TV programmes. For goodness sake, it is just a day in remembrance of some dead guy! If you love each other, just make each other feel special every day.
4) The bottom-est of all are those giggly Bengs and Lians carrying bouquets of cheap roses walking along Petaling Street (or Prangin here in Penang). Not one but several. You think that is a real profession of love? Nah ah. That is sheer blindness and extreme sui-yee-ness to commercialism. There is no greater turn-off than being a follower, a yes-man.
5) Ultimately, don’t spend money at all.
“So, what do we do wor, aunty?!?!?!?”, you ask.
OK, I heard that. Continue next post….
(P/S : February 14th is the first anniversary of this domain. chanlilian.net is going to be one year old!)