*this is mostly a “women only” post, men won’t be able to understand, but read anyway, it won’t kill you or make you impotent*
So, do you remember when was the last time……
1) you had a good cry over nothing and everything and though your eyes are messed up, you feel good after that?
2) you read a good book/seen a movie/meet someone/faced with a situation/loved by God/wateva that uplifted you and made you feel like a million dollar celebrity/Einstein/Mother Theresa/etc etc?
3) you take stock of your lifetime achievements and realised that you have not done too badly? (lifetime achievement can means anything from giving birth to watching your children grow to feeling the belly on your husband whom you contributed with your cooking or your thousands post blogs lah, not just Oscars or Nobel Prize, ok?)
4) you have the chance to bitch about the bitch and feel your bitching is justified and you are actually not the bitch you thought you are but she is actually the bitch?
5) you watch a movie, alone? Never mind that it is just one RM5 DVD and it is a show that your boyfriend/husband/someone’s husband who is your lover (just joking) won’t be able to understand? My last show in this genre was Lust, Caution and I just watched Little Children (women, watch this stupid movie because it is one of those movie that men will probably fall asleep in the middle of it or they will probably try to stay awake to watch Kate Winslet’s boobs. I love one quote. “Women back then did not have much choice, they either become a nun or a wife. Or a prostitute.”)
6) you feel you are a person and not just a wife, mother, daughter, worker? (New moms always fall into this person-less identity and it sucks, I know. But ‘the you’ will eventually float up again, trust me.)
7) you read inane chic lit book or some stupid love story? (I am reading The English Patient. It was a very moving and touching movie back in the 80s, I think?)
8 ) you have the courage to take stock and imagine what will happen if you die suddenly? (I know I am a little morbid in my thoughts but if we don’t dare to face the imaginary death, how can we possibly face some life threatening disease?)
9) you bite back?
10) you say fuck off when you mean it? And ‘I love you’, when you mean it too?
Hmmm…think about it? It is a good soul searching process and no, you don’t need to thank me for the reminders.
So, any questions for Aunt Agony today?
8 thoughts on “When was the last time….”
Ah.. must be the kotex time of the month. Morbid tots of death and such.*whisper* I leaking red same time with u leh. Can cry over advertisements. Sentimental or plain mental case hah?
Kis last blog post..Lonely.. I’m so lonely..
i’m still gonna say thanks coz this post means something to me LOL
I seriously need to get a good movie and watch, and cry throughout the show. Sometimes you just need to cry ler..
Aunt Agony, why some guys can forget a girl in let’s say….3 months and have another one but girls are less likely to do the same? Since u ask for question… =P
Ping Pings last blog post..June is coming already
Aiyooo the no.8..I always have this kind of thought also. Not that I’m a mental or what, I only worried that if suddenly die kah..who is going to take care my 2 kids.. 🙁
kaDusMamas last blog post..Dockers Contest! Must check..
I had a good cry when I watched a Mandarin movie on Astro, Gone Is The One Who Held me Dearest In The World. Some TV ads, particularly those just before a festive holiday aiyoh also can put a big lump in my throat.
And as our beloved country is going thru bad hiccups, brought on by politicians who will never rest until their agenda is put forth. To them I wish they will STOP and just listen to this song HERE IN MY HOME- produced and contributed by Msian Artiste For Unity MAFU. Believe it or not, all who contributed to this video did it pro bono.
I cry a lot… especially when it’s close to that time of month… then hor I feel better …. must be the dehydration.. heheheheh…
I’ve do all ten regularly…I also binge on chocolates whole day and feel much better whenever it is the time of the month or when life sucks at that moment or simply because I feel like it.
Foongs last blog post..I told you so
Foong – The problem is my auntie gone back to China liao and she forgot to bring back the hormones with her, I think. LOL.
kopi – Sei lor, this is not a PMS post wor, I don’t know why I wrote it also. I didn’t mean to publish it but cilaka WordPress button I ter-publish when I mean to just save it.
Raja Hanim – I didn’t cry at movies wan. I got heart of steel. Hahaha.
kadusmama – Biasaler, we mothers memang like this.
ping ping – Interesting question, wait I free time, I go write one post.
slowkathcupkwan – Wuah….I so terror-merror hor? Can make women of all ages relate to my thoughts.
Ki – My red-red gone liao but I don’t know why I superly PMS-ing still. Aiks, maybe menopause liao.
Comments are closed.