A PMS-ing, emo post about driving, men and women
Posted on July 22nd, 2008 by Lilian • Filed under: Life and rants
Have you wondered why some women drivers are often labelled as bad drivers? Well, I think I found the answer today.
We women are not like men. For men, when they drive, they probably only think what’s the next best cuss word to swear. Should he say, “Get the hell out of my lane, drive faster arsehole, you think your grandfather’s road kah baruah, khi hor kau khu (go let monkey fark)” or some colloquial cuss words.
But for we women, we do many thing beside driving. Such as :
1) We use the moment to switch roles from busy biatch in the office to the maternal, soft, loving mother and vice versa. We use that time in the car, alone as the passage to morph.
2) We use the time to evaluate our relationship with the spouse, boyfriend, crush, monster-in-law, boss, swami, God and etc etc.
3) We plan our future, including the colour of the next bedsheet to buy.
4) We get mesmerized with love songs lyrics. Wuah, that day hor, I drove home at 2 am and the radio played so many mushy songs. So, instead of planning the future, maybe we went down memory lane. (like this song below)
5) We plan what to blog next.
6) We do some internal auditing of our cosmetics, our clothes and underwears so that we know what to buy if there is a sale.
And in doing all the above, we normally missed the little pothole ahead or never notice that they have put up yet another Pak Lah’s giant poster and neither do we bother if the DAP run road system is better than the previous Gerakan one.
We women are so different. We carry so many roles. Unlike men, they are just men. Dumb, dull, uninteresting but function-able. (read traditional husband I wrote in 2005) They treat the mother, mother-in-law, wife, girlfriend, mistress, children all the same. We women are like chameleon. We show different facades to different people. Mean to the monster-in-law, biatch to the office staffs, loving to the children, accommodating to the husband, interesting to someone else’s husband hiakss…. and so on.
So, yeah, I am not embarrassed that I got lost somewhere in Tanjung Bungah while I was cruising around between Mt. Miriam and College General. I could have jumped from Mt. Miriam fifth floor and ended up in open arms of College General saints and yet…. Doh…it was a nice drive and I discovered they have so many beautiful houses overlooking the sea in that area.
And while enjoying the view, the rich men’s bungalows, wondering where the heck is Jalan Cengai and all, I managed to draft this post in my mind. Oh ya, I also asked if God has forgotten to insert a GPS in my brain when He created me.
To all the young girls who linked my blog (first of all, thanks a lot, I do stalk your blogs when I see the links coming in) , just remember the old witch, 5xmom’s words. We females memang complicated, so don’t be apologetic over your actions, ever. Tell them, take it or leave it.
Signed : 5x wonder woman, mom, bitch, witch.