Why BN lost in Permatang Pauh by-election
Posted on August 27th, 2008 by Lilian • Filed under: politics
Apparently, our delusional leaders are putting the blame on things like ‘It is Anwar’s hometown’ as their excuse of losing the by-election.
To do them a favour and since I think I am gifted with skills of a political strategist, let me do a post-mortem for them. So, of course, this post is written with good intentions for Barisan Nasional to improve. You know….like you go to a bad restaurant, you leave bad comments with the hope of giving them good feedbacks.
So, here are the reasons why Barisan Nasional lost :
1) Chinese are not impressed with Chinese speaking candidate. One single Chinese speaking Malay cannot erase the multitude Malays who called us babi or balik Cina jika tak suka. Barisan Nasional can get Khairy and Hishamuddin to speak Mandarin, Teochew, Hakka, Sing ning, Hainanese (there are more dialects) and still we won’t give a rat ass. The Chinese merely see it as a wayang Cina, nothing more.
2) Putting our DPM there to actively campaign is a wrong move. We want a leader with impeccable records. If they put Pak Lah, I think the damage won’t be so great. Serious…..
3) Sending goons from as far as Sabah to come is pure propaganda. What more when that Sabahan member has to make up so many excuses for her visit. And don’t forget the hypocrite two Ms who abused the privacy of the poor folks and handicapped children for his own glory. Ptui.
4) Khairy just dun geddit, right? He caused the BN loss in the 12th General Election and he came to do the opposition the same favour. The opposition should thank Khairy for coming to Permatang Pauh.
5) The fact that Barisan Nasional left out MCA and Gerakan in the campaign is enough to send signals that Barisan Nasional is UMNO.
6) The rakyats are pissed, super-duper pissed with the current Government. Their withdrawal of federal funds for development in Penang showed how petty they are.
7) We just enjoy change.
8) BN memang tak relevan dah.
And now, I am so happy to see the UMNO members crawling out of their corners to bite Pak Lah again. We are going for another round of ‘Blame Pak Lah, Pak Lah resign’ and etc.
But woohoo, I think in this Bajet 2009, Pak Lah is going to reward us with some goodies just so that we will be happy until we forget that we want to change the PM. We win! Tomorrow, we shall see DSAI sworn in (news on Malaysiakini). Then, hopefully the 17 MPs from Sabah will jump over followed by a few more.
So, my dear Barisan Nasional leaders, you didn’t lose because it is Anwar’s hometown. If you use this theory, take a kampong boy from every constituency and put him there as see if he can be the MP.