A day in the life of superhuman 5xmom

Sometimes, like other people, I wonder where I find the energy to stuff so many things into a day. Serious. It is God’s divine battery, I suppose.

Yesterday morning, after dropping two kids, hubby and I went over to Butterworth to have curry mee and then, dropped hubby in Bandar Perda as his car was at the office. I am not familiar with the area and he drew me a map and gave me repeated instructions on how to get back to the Penang bridge. He is afraid I ended up in Ipoh…

I got back safetly and went to Tesco. SMS him, “I reach Tesco ledi…Tesco in Penang” So, I bought some grocery, came home and prepared gulai ikan and chicken rice for everyone’s lunch.

I purposely dragged my feet a bit as I told myself it is time for my boy to wait for me for a while. Every day, I am there before he gets out of class so it is time he waits for me. To harden and toughen him up mah…Moreover, they assign a teacher to monitor the kids after school hour so it is pretty safe.

The previous day, I spent four hours in court, trying to film a suspected man who rogol a four year old kid. I had to pull myself away from staking out at the court to fetch my boy on time. Thoughts of staying another 10 minutes did come up my mind but I didn’t wait.

So, I thought, let’s see what my boy does when I am late. I am late for about 6-7 minutes. I saw him with an icecream in one hand and a handkerchief in another. Oh, oh…you know my drama king lah…

He said, “Scary…NO NO NO, I mean heavy…” when I opened the car door for him. So, I got into another gentle mother talk with him that sometimes, I may be late for a few minutes but I will sure come. He said, “But last time you slept and forgot to fetch me!”

Wuah, I tell you, he is one cunning chap. The previous day, he suddenly said, “Mom..you know..I hate you when I was in JG?” The hate has the tone of ‘love’ so we talked about the one time when he was in kindie and I was late to fetch him from fullday care (cos he had concert practice). I told him it is not like he had to wait in the hot sun or alone, he was with his kindie friends, watching TV! Aiyor, one time also I kena blacklisted forever.

With my two older children, when I was working, sometimes I was so late, only the Indon maid waited with them. They all also never complained. This little one, sikit sikit, he remembers and complains. *sweats*

Then, in order to sooth him, I allowed him to sit in front so we can talk. So, I was in the midst of trying to wipe out the 6-7 minutes late…….Mana tau, the moment, I turned into the lane, I kena tahan polis…Road tax puan sudah mati satu minggu lor… (the rest cannot be reported lah) Except I told polis, Ele…kesian lah, anak saya kecil, kereta saya kecil….(no I didn’t flash my CJ tag to him because I am wrong for not noticing road tax mati-ed)

We got home, we makan….etc etc. I went out for a Hungi BBQ at Sigi. (read the unique way of cooking at my food blog)

Then, dinner time…I cooked sago with gula melaka and santan for dessert somemore. Wuah, I am into cooking these few days.

After that, at night, I went CJ to cover the vagrants rescue op. I followed these bunch of press people and welfare officers with Rela to round up vagrants and beggars. Lucky, one guy tumpang a few of us in his car or else we will be driving like mad all over town.

Reached home at 1.20 am, cool down, bath and slept at 2 am…..And I woke up at 6.50 am this morning…And another round of things to do…I am cooking chai boey today…

I am superhuman to have that energy and jazz to last all day.

8 thoughts on “A day in the life of superhuman 5xmom

  1. Can post your chai buey recipe online ar? I have only found one recipe online (RasaMalaysia) but would like to get more input before I try to make myself…

Comments are closed.